Swapping to 11tyweb
NAS out, 11ty in #
I stored the source code for the previous blog in a home nas.
A great little nas: 7 drives in a RAID Z3 setup on an ASRock C2550D4I with ecc ram.
However, the motherboard isn't too happy and after swapping that out for an upgrade, two drives started erroring during a ZFS scrub.
So now I need a new NAS and whilst I await parts to arrive, I'm not turning the old one on.
From build to src #
The built Jekyll site is available publicly, so I can convert from rendered Jekyll HTML back to src posts I can rebuild with 11ty.
As part of doing this I've realised
- Layout in a few posts from the original Wordpress blog I had (before Jekyll) was broken.
- The default styling in the basic 11ty starter base blog is much simpler than Jekyll's
- The old html is a bit much to maintain
So I am
- Fixing some of the layout issues.
- Keeping the basic style and will think about improvements later
- Swapping all the source code from html posts to Markdown posts.
Next steps #
The kids are getting older and so I will hopefully have a little more free time.
Therefore, I might write some more posts and give this blog a little more love.
Also, I might start exploring Markdown plugins for diagrams... I wonder whether I should aim for Mermaid or PlantUML.